Thursday, January 5, 2012

Block #4: "Old Vienna"

Eaton's "200 Crochet Blocks..."






#98: "Old Vienna"

Another lacey piece, I've posted this one today's without washing & pinning the piece whilst it dries, therefore not blocking it. Especially because it's a lacy piece, you can see it's more bent out of shape than usual. In fact I even draped it over a slightly curved surface to better show the design, so the rippling of the piece is reduced because of the underlying curves.

This was worked using a 3.25mm hook, and the bamboo cotton that block's #1&2 were worked in, not a 4mm that the other blocks were done with. S the stitches are smaller and tighter. But for me, this square has slight off chain stitches inbetween the treble stitches, which leaves the treble stitches a bit too far spaced for me. However, as I mentioned before, I haven't blocked it. I'm going to update this post with the piece after it's blocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment