Saturday, August 4, 2012

Some Flowers...



My Mum likes sending my things she finds in magazines. I like getting letters, so she's always sending across articles about the town I live in (becoming quite a little foodie town & it's a popular town to write articles about), and every now and then something arty. This week she sent me something great: it's a single page from a Better Homes & Garden magazine. I've since discovered it's from June 2009, and it's a "Field of Flowers" crocheted rug, made up of, you guessed it, flowers. No, really!

SarahLondon talked about it on her blog: "Field of Crocheted Flowers" back in 2009.



Anyway, I worked up two different versions of the flower pattern in two different yarns.


Cute, huh.


This one's using Moda Vera Snuggle, 8ply, with a 4mm hook. 


This on'e using Moda Vera Marvel, 5ply I believe, with a 4mm hook.

The flowers themselves do curl slightly, which actually really works with a decorative flower.


I'd like to make a few more and cover a cushion. Don't think I could do a whole rug. The rug needs 480 flowers, which uses 60 balls of the yarn she uses in the project. O.O That's a LOT of flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment