Saturday, March 10, 2012

Block #29: Fretwork

Wow, it's a miracle: a new block ;-)






From Eaton's, Block #197: Fretwork.

This is in Eaton's book in the section that shows 4 different colour combinations, so I'll be featuring this block again later in the year, or even the month.

When working this block, the stitches really didn't want to form the fretwork properly. It was very curled around itself and I had a hard time figuring out the corner stitches, making sure they were in the right place. Of course, I started this block on the plane back from Perth after around 5 hours sleep, so that might have had something to do with finding it hard to count!!

It's a nice block, but I'm not sure I'd use it in a rug. It's tightly woven around the edges but very loose inside. I think it might work well as a cushion cover, rather than a throw.

No comments:

Post a Comment